Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

McKean County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for a marriage license?

    For instructions on how to apply for a marriage license, contact the Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphans' Court at 814-887-3260.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    To apply for child support, visit the Domestic Relations office located at 500 W. Main St., Smethport, PA for an in-person intake interview. You can also call Domestic Relations at 814-887-3366 to request an application for support. For information on how to prepare for your intake appointment, browse our frequently asked questions.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, contact the Jury Commissioners at 814-887-3202 and read the McKean County jury duty FAQs.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for McKean County