January 2016 – January 2026
- Yale University, Yale College (B.A.), 1984. Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude.
- Yale University, The Yale Law School (J.D.), 1987. Notes Editor, The Yale Law Journal.
- Adjunct Faculty, Graduate School of Public & International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 2010-Present.
- Adjunct Professor, Duquesne University School Of Law, Pittsburgh, PA, 1997-Present.
- Judge, The Superior Court of Pennsylvania, 2012-2016.
- Judge, Court of Common Pleas, Allegheny County, 2003-2012 (Administrative Judge, Family Division, 2009-2011).
- Register of Wills & Clerk of Orphans’ Court, Allegheny County, 1998-2003.
- Partner, The Wecht Law Firm, Pittsburgh, PA, 1996-2003.
- Associate, Katarincic & Salmon, Pittsburgh, PA, 1993-1996.
- Associate, Williams & Connolly, Washington, DC, 1989-1993.
- Judicial Law Clerk to Hon. George E. MacKinnon, Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, Washington, DC, 1987-1988.
Memberships and Associations
- Member, American Law Institute.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Member, Board of Trustees, The Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science & Law, Duquesne University.
- Fellow, Allegheny County Bar Foundation.
Awards and Honors
- Jewish Law Day Award 2016, Louis D. Brandeis Law Society, Philadelphia, PA, May 10, 2016.
- Humanitarian Award, J.N.L. Club, 2003.
- Certificates of Recognition, Regional Development Funding Corp., Pittsburgh, PA, 2000, 2001.
- U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Commander’s Award, Toys For Tots, 2001.
- Certificate of Recognition, Variety Club, The Children’s Charity, Pittsburgh, PA, 2000.
- Honorary Citizenship, City of Harrisburg, PA, 2000.
- “The Fabulous Forty Under Forty” Award, 1999.
- “Pittsburgh’s Fifty Finest” Award, 1997.
- Certificate of Distinguished Service, U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 1989.
- A Multi-Factor Test Would Aid Paternity Decisions, 82:3 Pennsylvania Bar Quarterly 118--127 (Pennsylvania Bar Association) (co-authored with Jennifer Forbes, Esquire) (July 2011).
- Some Reservations About Sealing Divorce Records, 33:2 Pennsylvania Family Lawyer 74–76 (Pennsylvania Bar Association) (co-authored with Jennifer Forbes, Esquire) (June 2011).
- Parenting Coordinators Revisited, 32:3 Pennsylvania Family Lawyer 146– 147 (Pennsylvania Bar Association) (co-authored with Jennifer Forbes, Esquire) (September 2010).
- A Judge’s Comment On Trial Aids, 31:2 Pennsylvania Family Lawyer 55-56 (Pennsylvania Bar Association) (May 2009).
- How Unfettered Advocates Distort Child Care Cases, Pennsylvania Law Weekly (32 PLW 125) (February 2, 2009).
- The Discipline of Rules, 29:4 Pennsylvania Family Lawyer 138-40 (Pennsylvania Bar Association) (December 2007).
- A Proposal for Reform of Pennsylvania’s Slayers’ Act: Protecting Innocent Family Members of Slain Victims, Pennsylvania Law Weekly (23 PLW 613) (June 12, 2000).
- [Note: Judge Wecht’s bill was signed into law in December 2000].
- Note, Breaking the Code of Deference: Judicial Review of Private Prisons, 96 The Yale Law Journal 815 (March 1987).