clearfield - 001413.png

Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

Clearfield County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for a marriage license?

    To obtain a Pennsylvania marriage license, both applicants must appear in person at the county court. Applicants must provide a valid identification and social security cards. If an applicant has no valid form of identification, a birth certificate is required. Applicants must also provide certified divorce decrees and death certificates if applicable. The fee to apply for a marriage license is $25. For more information, contact the Register of Wills at 814-765-2641 ext. 1350 or 1353 and visit the Register of Wills page on the Clearfield County website.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    To apply for child support, contact Domestic Relations at 814-765-5339. Ask the operator to be transfered to an intake officer. If the intake officer does not answer, leave a message with your name and phone number. For a list of what to bring to your office visit, visit our website.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, read our juror handbook.

  • How do I file divorce, custody or child support documents?

    See the representing yourself page for family court forms and instructions. Be sure to watch the introductory video first.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for Clearfield County