Need help now?
How to file for a protection order in Pennsylvania
Protection orders can be filed in four easy steps
Step 1: Fill out paperwork at your local courthouse
Step 2: Review paperwork with a judge
Step 3: Judge grants or denies temporary order
Step 4: Attend final hearing to obtain final order
Frequently asked questions
What is a protection order?
What is considered abuse under the law?
What if an abuser violates the protection order?
What are the types of protection?
Where can victims find assistance?
How much does it cost to file a protection order?
Where do victims go to file a protection order?
Recognizing signs of abuse
- Local court contact information
- Pennsylvania Commission Against Domestic Violence
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape
- Foreign and sign language interpreters
- Bilingual forms
- VIDEO: How to file a PFA
- VIDEO: Learn about the hearing process
- VIDEO: Recognizing signs of abuse
- VIDEO: Safety Planning
- How does the protection order hearing process work?