cumberland - 001417.png

Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

Cumberland County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for a marriage license?

    To obtain a Pennsylvania marriage license, both applicants must appear at the county court. Applicants must provide a valid identification and certified divorce decrees and death certificates if applicable. The fee to apply for a marriage license is $45 and must be paid in cash. For more information, read our marriage license guidelines or contact the Register of Wills at 717-240-6345.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    To apply for child support, visit the Domestic Relations office Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. It is recommended that you bring the following information with you for each party in the action: names, complete addresses, dates of birth, social security numbers, employment information, medical insurance information, a driver's license and any professional licenses. If a separation agreement exists, that must also be presented. For more information, visit our website.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, read our juror handbook or contact a jury coordinator at 717-240-6200.

  • How do I file divorce or custody documents?

    See the representing yourself page for family court forms and instructions. Be sure to watch the introductory video first.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for Cumberland County