Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

Elk County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for a marriage license?

    Persons applying for a marriage license must appear in person before the Register and Recorder located on the first floor of the main courthouse.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    For information about child support and how to apply, read our handbook or contact Elk County Domestic Relations at 814-772-5155.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, browse our frequently asked questions.

  • How do I file divorce or custody documents?

    See the representing yourself page for family court forms and instructions. Be sure to watch the introductory video first.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for Elk County