Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

Lackawanna County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for a marriage license?

    To obtain a marriage license, both applicants must appear together in person at the Marriage License Bureau located at The Scranton Electric Building, 507 Linden St. Applicants can apply for a marriage license Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    For information about child support and how to apply, contact the Domestic Relations Section (DRS) at 570-963-6721. Our support officers see clients by appointment only.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, contact Jury Services at or browse our frequently asked questions.

  • How do I file divorce or custody documents?

    See the representing yourself page for family court forms and instructions. Be sure to watch the introductory video first.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for Lackawanna County