Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

Lawrence County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How to I apply for a marriage license?

    To obtain a Pennsylvania marriage license, both applicants must appear at the county court together in person. Each applicant must provide valid identification and social security card. Applicants must also provide certified divorce decrees and death certificates if applicable. The fee to apply for a marriage license is $65. For more information contact the Prothonotary's Office at 724-656-2126.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    To apply for child support, visit the Domestic Relations Section (DRS) at 430 Court St., New Castle, PA. Upon arrival, you will be given an intake questionnaire to complete which asks for information on all parties in the support case. The intake interview process takes about 30 minutes. For more information, contact the DRS at 724-656-2122 or read our Child and Spousal Support Handbook.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, contact the Jury Commissioner Office at 724-656-2123 or browse our frequently asked questions.

  • How do I file divorce or custody documents?

    See the representing yourself page for family court forms and instructions. Be sure to watch the introductory video first.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for Lawrence County