montgomery - 001485.png

Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

Montgomery County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for a marriage license?

    To obtain a Pennsylvania marriage license, both applicants must appear at the county court together in person. The fee to apply for a marriage license is $45.00 cash. For more information, contact the Marriage License Bureau at 610-278-3414 or browse our frequently asked questions.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    To apply for child support, you must appear at the Domestic Relations office in person for an intake interview. Due to a high client volume, clients are only seen Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information about how to prepare for your intake interview, browse our frequently asked questions.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, visit the Montgomery County Jury Selection Commission page.

  • How do I file divorce or custody documents?

    See the representing yourself page for family court forms and instructions. Be sure to watch the introductory video first.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for Montgomery County