Watercolor by Kathleen S. Howell. NOTE: The courthouse pictured may be historic and not necessarily the county’s operating courthouse.

Venango County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for a marriage license?

    Couples must arrive at the Clerk of Orphans' Court by 4 p.m. and must show valid photo ID. The fee is $40.00 and must be paid in cash. If either party has been married before he/she must present the original divorce decree or a certified copy. When applying you will be asked the following about yourselves and your parents: full names, addresses, occupations and birthplaces. There is a three-day waiting period between applying for and being issued a marriage license. The three-day waiting period can be waived by obtaining a waiver from the judge. There is an additional $5.00 waiver fee. The license is valid for 60 days from the date it is issued.

  • How do I apply for child support?

    For information about child support and how to apply, visit the PA Child Support Program website.

  • How do I pay court costs & fines?

    All court fines and fees can be paid online using the Pennsylvania Judicial System's PAePay service.

  • How do I find information about jury duty?

    For information about jury duty, contact the jury commissioners at 814-432-9607.

  • How do I file divorce, custody or child support documents?

    See the representing yourself page for family court forms and instructions. Be sure to watch the introductory video first.

To find answers to more common questions, visit the county court website.

Resources for Venango County