Superior Court

Judges and Court Offices

Read Superior Court judges' bios and access the prothonotaries' addresses.

Doing Business with the Court

Filing Requirements and Fees

Filing may be accomplished by delivering or mailing a paper original and a specified number of copies in the Court’s district filing office or by electronic filing via the PACFile appellate court electronic filing system. All documents must comply with the general requirements of Pa.R.A.P. 124. Briefs and Reproduced Records must comply with all provisions of Chapter 21 of the Pennsylvania Rules of Appellate Procedure. Certain filings with the Court require a fee that must be paid at the time of filing.

Public Records Notice

Effective Mon., Feb. 25, 2019, the Superior Court will require that all persons requesting access to public records produce valid identification, which will be photocopied. Requesters must also complete the public access viewing form provided. Any person who does not complete the form and produce acceptable identification will not be permitted into the Court’s viewing room. Thank you for your cooperation.

Filing on Paper

All paper filings must comply with Pa.R.A.P. 121 and must be delivered or mailed to the district filing office in which the appeal was brought or original petition was filed. Please provide an additional copy and a self-addressed postage paid envelope if you wish to have a file-stamped copy returned. All paper documents filed with the Court are scanned and an electronic image of the document is maintained in the Court's Electronic Records Management System (ERMS). To facilitate scanning, Pa.R.A.P. 124 requires that the paper original must be unbound (but should be securely binder clipped); copies must be firmly bound. Parties filing briefs and reproduced records on paper must also file an electronic copy in PDF format on a disc or flash drive. Follow the Copy and Fee Requirements link below for specific information on fees, the number of required copies of paper filings, and the system requirements for electronic copies of paper filings.

Electronic Filing

Electronic filing is available in Superior Court via the PACFile appellate court electronic filing system. Registering for a secure user account is necessary to use this service. For more information about PACFile and to register for a user account, visit the UJS Web Portal.

PACFile provides attorneys and self-represented litigants the option to file documents electronically on new and existing cases. Payment of any associated fees is required at the time a filing is submitted and may be made with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or ATM card. Upon submission and payment of a filing, it will be transmitted to the court for processing.

The filer will be notified by PACFile when a submitted filing has been accepted. If you are a registered PACFiler, all notices of Court action will be sent to you via PACFile.

Within seven days of submission of an electronically filed document, the filer must submit to the court a bound paper version of the electronic filing with as many bound copies as the court requires. To ensure that the paper version submitted is the same as the electronically filed document, the paper version should be a printed copy of the electronically file-stamped document that was returned to the filer after acceptance by PACFile. Follow the Copy and Fee Requirements link below for specific information on fees and the required paper version/copies of electronically filed documents.


Career Opportunities

Those seeking a judicial law clerk position, a judicial internship or an administrative position with the Superior Court should submit a cover letter along with a resume or CV to Please submit your resume only once. In your cover letter, indicate the office or offices of interest.

For more information on court-related career opportunities, please visit our Job Openings page.


Americans with Disabilities Act Accommodation (ADA)

It is the policy of the Unified Judicial System (UJS) to prohibit discrimination against any individual with a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), 42 U.S.C. § 12131 et seq., in accessing or participating in judicial proceedings or other services, programs or activities of the Unified Judicial System.

Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service or activity, should contact the ADA Coordinator or filing office to make a written request as soon as possible but no later than three days before the scheduled event.



Language Access

If you wish to request an interpreter for your case or need assistance obtaining information in your language about court services in the Superior Court, please contact Marisa Lehr at 717-231-3300.