Obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing

To obtain a Certificate of Good Standing, submit a letter addressed to "Certificate of Good Standing" and delivered by U.S. mail or courier service to either the Harrisburg or Pittsburgh filing offices. Please include the following information:

  • Attorney's full name
  • Attorney's identification number
  • Attorney's signature
  • $25 check or money order made payable to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
  • A self-addressed return envelope

An attorney whose license status is inactive or retired must request certification from the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court. The “Request for Certification of Status” and “Request for Certificate of Disciplinary History” forms are available here.

Corporate certificates must be processed through the PA Department of State.