AOPC - Data Center Hardware Specialist (21-31)
November 05, 2021
$55,423 - $65,705
This professional position serves as the Subject Matter Expert for all activities related to the deployment, administration, and support of enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN) operations, UNIX operations, and NetBackup enterprise data protection supporting the AOPC and UJS case management applications.
- Performs as the project coordinator for all Unix/SAN projects.
- Leads and performs the processes to upgrade and patch SAN operating systems, firmware, and applications.
- Troubleshoots SAN hardware, software, and operating system issues.
- Oversees SAN system activities with applications database administrators to successfully define and implement data storage projects to include capacity planning and sizing.
- Interfaces with external vendors to research, deploy, and support technologies.
- Audits project planning documents and server technician-generated documentation including run books to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
- Creates custom monitoring interfaces within the Unix/SAN operating systems to effectively monitor the Unix/SAN environments for faults and performance.
- Architects SAN connectivity and SAN disk provisioning solutions to provide enterprise-class SAN storage.
- Develops custom Unix programming scripts to automate SAN operations.
- Administers and oversees the administration of Unix servers and the Hitachi SANs, to include operating systems, management applications, file systems, and network connectivity.
- Identifies any issues in the SAN environments; determines the next course of action; and ensures remediation of the problem's root cause.
- Oversees the implementation of new SAN technologies.
- Tracks trouble tickets and documents system maintenance tasks using the TICKETS system.
- Performs data backup and restore activities using the Veritas NetBackup system, including client maintenance and policy administration.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology field; AND
- Two years of IT experience that includes one year of technical experience in network operations / maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Participation in an on-call rotation schedule to support a 24/7 operation required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.