AOPC - Budget Analyst (22-02)
January 03, 2022
Commensurate with Experience
The AOPC is seeking a highly skilled and motivated budget analyst to join our team. This professional position is responsible for the on-going budgeting requirements and assists with the financial management of the Unified Judicial System (UJS). Responsibilities include preparing budget projections, developing information relative to financial needs, preparing annual funding requests and budgets, monitoring spending, and assisting in the planning and use of financial resources. Selected candidate will work independently under the direction of the Budget Administrator.
- Monitors and provides fiscal oversight throughout the fiscal year for assigned appropriations.
- Ensures financial transactions are correctly charged to the appropriation and are accurately reflected on financial reports.
- Monitors purchases and contract encumbrances in the financial system.
- Prepares budget requests including gathering and organizing all necessary information; prepares budget request projections.
- Meet with and assist department managers in formulating their budget needs and provides periodic expenditure information.
- Working with other budget analysts, compiles all budget requests into a single submission on behalf of the UJS in the required format and within the established timelines.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of annual contract listing including the ongoing entry, review and maintenance of contract information in the accounting system.
- Monitors spending of federal grant funds from a budgetary perspective and reviews costs for allowability.
- Reviews proposed legislation for the purpose of preparing a fiscal impact analysis.
- Tracks revenues from filing fee collections on a monthly basis; investigates deviations from historical collections.
- Prepares cash flow analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; AND
- Two years of professional budget analysis experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Strong analytical, organization, communication and writing skills required.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Advanced working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word required.
- Experience with information technology (IT) terminology and budgeting preferred.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.