AOPC - Clerical Assistant (22-04)
January 14, 2022
Court Administrator of Pennsylvania
$29,903 - $33,327
This administrative support positions provides Information Desk coverage, switchboard coverage, central mail sorting and distribution, interoffice mail distribution, mail equipment operation, and messenger duties for the Pennsylvania Judicial Center (PJC).
- Serves as Information Desk receptionist on a rotating basis. Welcomes and assists visitors to the PJC and explains building amenities as needed. Directs visitors to the various areas and occupant suites throughout the building.
- Serves as a phone operator for the PJC on a rotating basis. Logs and routes all incoming telephone calls and takes appropriate phone messages.
- Serves as help center for callers who require assistance determining the appropriate court entity, department, or person with whom they need to speak.
- Maintains chain of custody for all mail delivered to the PJC and ensures proper signatures are obtained before mail is released to the appropriate court, board or committee.
- Distributes USPS mail, FedEx and UPS packages to appropriate judiciary staff members within the PJC.
- Collects and prepares interoffice mail and outgoing mail from PJC occupants for pickup by the USPS.
- Completes daily mail run within the Capitol Complex.
- Provides backup support for the following on an as needed basis: Picking up USPS mail at the post office; Delivering USPS mail to the Central Mail Processing Center for security screening; Processing and applying proper postage amounts on outgoing mail; Printing labels and tracking mail via USPS, Fed-Ex and UPS online express mail systems and tracking software; Completing mail delivery and pick up runs between the PJC and Ritter Road offices and newspaper run from Capitol to PJC.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Provides Information Desk and switchboard coverage until 5:00pm when office closes early the day before a holiday.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.