AOPC - End User Hardware and Software Technician (22-06)
January 21, 2022
$48,712 - $57,599
This technician position provides primary technical support to Supreme Court Justices, Chamber staff, and Prothonotary staff in the Pittsburgh area. The position also provides technical support to various Boards, Committees, and AOPC staff. Primary responsibilities include the support, maintenance, and configuration of staff desktop PCs, laptops, client applications, printers, mobile devices, and other end user equipment. Additional responsibilities include the support, maintenance, and configuration of servers that provide file and print sharing, and application hosting.
- Physically unpacks, deploys, installs, configures, and troubleshoots Judicial technical assets as required, including, but not limited to desktop PCs, laptops, printers, multi-function devices, and mobile devices with client operating systems, client network configurations, host security, line of business applications, and office productivity applications.
- Performs user management to configure user accounts with server, printer and group access rights, distribution list membership, and license assignment.
- Utilizes Ticketing software to create, update, and close trouble tickets for client incident management.
- Utilizes system event logs to administer, troubleshoot, and resolve host client issues; utilizes client and server tools to patch client operating systems and software applications; update system BIOSs; install, uninstall, and upgrade hardware and software on client systems; client backups; and remote access.
- Configures and supports client wireless connections on wireless devices such as laptops, tablets, and phones; installs, uninstalls, and configures client wireless supplicants to ensure secure and stable network communication.
- Maintains network switch and phone connections to patch appropriate items between switches and patch panels.
- Coordinates hardware repair activities with vendors, AOPC/IT, and Office of Legal Systems staff and diagnoses hardware and software problems with vendor phone support.
- Installs, configures, and maintains physical and virtual servers to support file sharing, print sharing, and application hosting for AOPC and Supreme Court staff.
- Utilizes tools such as Active Directory, Group Policy, Systems Center Configuration Manager, Webex, and Powershell, for client systems and server management, application deployment, asset management, and remote client assistance.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology field.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.