AOPC - End User Hardware and Software Technician (22-15)
March 09, 2022
$48,712 - $57,599
This position provides IT technical support to AOPC users at the Mechanicsburg office location. Additionally, the position provides remote support to users at the Pennsylvania Judicial Center, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh office locations. Responsibilities include the support, maintenance, and configuration of desktop PCs, laptops, thin clients, client applications, printers, monitors, and other end user devices. Additional responsibilities include server support, both physical and virtual, for file/print sharing and application hosting.
- Configures and troubleshoots local and network printers and multi-function printer/copier/scanning devices.
- Installs and configures desktop PCs, thin clients, and laptops with client operating systems, client network configurations, host security, line of business applications, and office productivity software applications.
- Utilizes system event logs to administer, troubleshoot and resolve host client issues; utilizes client and server tools to patch operating systems and software applications; installs, uninstalls, and upgrades system hardware and software.
- Installs and supports client security solutions, such as McAfee anti-virus and Malwarebyes Anti-Spyware.
- Supports remote access methods for staff and contractors.
- Configures and supports client wireless connections on wireless devices such as laptops, iPads, iPhones, and other SmartPhone devices.
- Install, configure, and maintain physical and virtual servers that perform such tasks as file sharing, print sharing, and application hosting.
- Utilizes tools such as Systems Center Configuration Manager for client systems management, application deployment, virtual application deployment, asset management, and remote client assistance; utilizes tools such as WebEx and SCCM for remote end user support.
- Administers client/server virtual machine images; clones images; creates image templates; makes images available to thin clients for end users access and use.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology (IT) field; AND
- One year of technical experience in network operations or network maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.