AOPC - Facilities Supervisor - Data Center (22-41)
July 29, 2022
$57,086 - $67,676
This is a supervisory and advanced technical position responsible for supporting the operation and maintenance of chillers, computer room air conditioning units (CRACs); heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); uninterruptable power supply (UPS); generators; electrical distribution; and control and monitoring systems in the AOPC’s primary and secondary data centers. Responsibilities also include supervising the Data Center Facilities staff. The selected candidate will report to the Facilities Administrator.
- Monitors, supports and maintains data center physical infrastructure, including power distribution systems, chilled water systems, and other key facilities systems in all Data Center Facilities locations. Ensures that problems are identified and repaired quickly; responds to environmental performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
- Oversees repairs and upgrades made by Data Center Facilities staff and vendors in bathrooms, kitchens, conference rooms, offices and cubes in the Mechanicsburg offices.
- Supervises the Data Center Facilities staff (one employee at this time). Evaluates employee performance, assigns routine tasks and long-term projects, and monitors work performance. Sets team priorities in consultation with Facilities management.
- Collaborates with other Administrative Services teams on all technical and administrative work, including contract renewals, maintenance, equipment upgrades, change management, and other areas.
- Contributes to multi-year data center capacity management plans; provides input on integrating project work with budget considerations.
- Supports established control and monitoring systems; responds to alerts on data center systems and manages configurations.
- Meets internal Service Level Agreements with business and technical customers whose operations are supported in AOPC’s data centers.
- Coordinates employee and vendor work in Data Center Facilities at AOPC offices. Ensures that contractors deliver quality services and preventative maintenance in a timely and professional manner.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology (IT) field; AND
- Two years of IT experience that includes one year of technical experience in an IT data center environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) designation or equivalent professional facilities experience a plus.
- Ability to read and understand complex mechanical and electrical drawings required.
- Participation in on-call rotation for after-hours support of Data Center Facilities required.
- Ability to lift/move items, manually or with appropriate equipment, weighing up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift/move items weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.