AOPC - Budget Administrator (22-42)
August 01, 2022
Commensurate with experience
This is a management position responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Finance Department’s budget unit. Responsibilities include overseeing the Unified Judicial System's (UJS) budget requests: consisting of nearly 40 appropriations, including the UJS statewide IT budget, and federal funds. This position is also responsible for analyzing budget issues and recommending solutions; working with program managers and senior staff to determine organizational policies, priorities, and plans. The selected candidate will supervise a staff of three budget analysts, providing project direction, establishing policies and procedures, and reviewing and evaluating work in accordance with standards, policies and goals.
- Supervises and directs the preparation of the Unified Judicial System's (UJS) budget requests to the Governor and to the Legislature, including supervising the budget analysts; working with senior program staff and Court Administrator to identify and develop requests for new programs and initiatives, working with program staff to obtain information for ongoing requests, and developing and recommending budget assumptions for the UJS.
- Supervises and directs the preparation of financial analyses, budget projections and rebudgets.
- Prepares materials for and attends budget hearings before the Legislature; coordinates and prepares responses to legislative committees.
- Reviews and approves all contract additions and modifications within the UJS accounting system, responsible for ensuring all encumbrances are accurate at fiscal year to be included in the Commonwealth’s Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR)
- Responsible for developing written communications related to the budgets, and related financial matters.
- Monitors UJS financial activity by reviewing and understanding the fiscal and judicial codes, and annual appropriation acts; reviews and analyzes financial activity as reported on monthly budget and financial reports.
- Monitors funding sources and develops plans to meet cash flow needs; recommends funding transfers as needed.
- Monitors and analyzes pending legislation to determine potential effects on UJS finances.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; AND
- Four years of professional budget and financial analysis and administration experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Experience with managing the budgets of IT departments.
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills.
- Experience performing detailed financial analysis.
- Accounting or Finance related degree preferred.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.