IT - NOC Technician - 3rd Shift
February 15, 2023
Saturday - Wednesday
$44,367 - $52,270
AOPC/IT has offices in multiple locations and is comprised of about 185 employees and is funded by court fees rather than tax dollars. Pennsylvania’s current case management systems support 22,000 end users located at 660 locations statewide. These systems include the Magisterial District Judge System (MDJS); Common Pleas Criminal Case Management System (CPCMS); PA Appellate Court Management System (PACMS); and the Guardianship Tracking System (GTS.) These case management systems are not only integral to the judiciary’s work but to the work of many other state agencies and criminal justice partners – especially law enforcement – who depend on these systems in order to perform their daily duties. Additionally, the department manages the web portal which provides access to tens of millions of cases free of charge to the public and has developed e-filing services and electronic document archival solutions, in addition to the popular PAePay application – which allows people to pay fines, fees, and restitution online. The NOC Technician monitors and responds to events in AOPC’s server, network, and application environments. The position also handles incoming calls and emails to support internal AOPC staff, Supreme Court Boards and Committees, and Appellate Court IT Staff.
- Supports AOPC WAN services by opening and tracking tickets with telecom vendors and coordinating dispatch activities. Will try to restore service by remotely rebooting the cable, DSL, and wireless modems.
- Participates in recurring audits to ensure AOPC and vendor data are up-to-date and accurate.
- Provides hands-on support for technical teams and data center colocation customers.
- Prepares and sends notifications to users, technical teams, and management when sites, servers, applications, or services are impacted by outages or maintenance.
- Documents all requests for support using AOPC’s internally developed ticketing system: TICKETS.
- Helps to maintain a knowledge base using the TICKETS ticketing system resolution function and a SharePoint-based Wiki.
- Attempts to resolve user issues with provided tools, personal experience, and research.
- Associate’s degree with major course work in Computer Information Systems; OR
- Two years of experience in technical network management.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Working hours are 11:00 pm – 7:00 am, Saturday through Wednesday including some holidays.
- Excellent benefits program including comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans for employees and eligible family members beginning on the first day of employment; paid holidays, 12 paid sick days, and 12+ paid vacation days per year; salary increases; student loan forgiveness plan; employee assistance programs; and retirement plans.
- Free parking.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.