Finance - Procurement Specialist
May 04, 2023
$50,173 - $59,327
This specialist position serves as a purchasing agent and is responsible for performing all tasks related to the procurement of goods and services purchased by the AOPC. This position is also responsible for preparing and submitting general procurement, ITB, and RFP documents. AOPC/Finance – a staff of 17 - provides critical management of budget, accounting and payroll systems for the entire Unified Judicial System and serves as the primary resource for the organization on financial matters. The finance team develops and recommends policies and procedures on accounting, budget, and procurement issues and trains staff at all levels in their use.
- Oversees the procurement of products and services used by the AOPC, including expendable items and fixed assets. Coordinates day-to-day activities for AOPC procurements following the AOPC Procurement Policy and established best practices. Ensures that procurements are properly authorized and accurately documented.
- Coordinates procurement activities for all AOPC locations. Communicates with staff making purchases to review the progress of procurements in process.
- Serves as contract administrator of the office supply program on behalf of the AOPC. Oversees the office supply program's day-to-day operations, including resolving program issues and recommending improvements to the existing program, serving as primary liaison with the vendor and employees, and reconciling discrepancies.
- Develops Invitations to Bid (ITB) or Requests for Proposal (RFP). Assists AOPC staff with developing the Statement of Work as appropriate and determining the appropriate procurement method. Researches appropriate vendors to be included in ITB/RFP. Coordinates procurement activities such as vendor meetings, site visits, etc. Initiates and receives all procurement correspondence with Vendors.
- Ensures procurement activities comply with the AOPC’s Procurement Policy and are properly authorized, documented, and reviewed, including reviews with AOPC/Legal.
- Coordinates procurement activities with other AOPC departments. Proposes work processes to ensure efficient workflow. Designs, in conjunction with the Finance and Legal Departments, forms to document procurement activities.
- Ensures compliance with Rule 509 regulations regarding purchase orders and contracts.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new vendors, products, and services as appropriate to assure best value purchases.
- Works with vendors to resolve warranty issues. Acting as a liaison between vendors and requesting departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or logistics management or related field; PLUS
- One year of experience performing technical procurement or contract management work, or
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Excellent benefits program including comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans for employees and eligible family members beginning on the first day of employment; 13 paid holidays, 12 paid sick days, and 12+ paid vacation days per year; salary increases; student loan forgiveness plan; employee assistance programs; and retirement plans.
- Free parking.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309 or email@example.com.