Administrative Services - Clerical Assistant
May 25, 2023
Court Administrator of Pennsylvania
$30,800 - $34,327
This administrative support position provides Information Desk coverage, switchboard coverage, central mail sorting and distribution, interoffice mail distribution, mail equipment operation, and messenger duties for the Pennsylvania Judicial Center (PJC).
- Serves as Information Desk receptionist on a rotating basis. Welcomes and assists visitors to the PJC and explains building amenities as needed. Directs visitors to the various areas and occupant suites throughout the building.
- Serves as a phone operator for the PJC on a rotating basis. Logs and routes all incoming telephone calls and takes appropriate phone messages.
- Serves as a help center for callers who require assistance determining the appropriate court entity, department, or person with whom they need to speak.
- Acts as backup support to distribute USPS mail, FedEx, and UPS packages to appropriate judiciary staff members within the PJC.
- Maintains chain of custody for all mail delivered to the PJC and ensures proper signatures are obtained before mail is released to the appropriate court, board, or committee.
- Collects and prepares interoffice mail and outgoing mail from PJC occupants for pickup by the USPS.
- Completes daily mail run within the Capitol Complex.
- Acts as backup support to the Conference Center on an as-needed basis by reserving conference rooms and equipment via Outlook, unlocking conference rooms, and providing weekly events schedule to the Capitol Police.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training may be considered.
- Provides Information Desk and switchboard coverage until 5:00 pm when the office closes early the day before a holiday.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Excellent benefits program including comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans for employees and eligible family members beginning on the first day of employment: 12 paid sick days and 12+ paid vacation days per year; salary increases; student loan forgiveness plan; employee assistance programs; and retirement plans.
- Free parking.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.